Mission Address

You can write to Luke at the following address:
(regular US postage rates apply)

Luke A. Powell
Hawaii Honolulu Mission
1500 South Beretania St. Suite #416
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Persecution and Success, Learn new things from different people

5/23/16
Aloha Ohana!!

Thank you SO much for all of the wonderful birthday wishes and kind thoughts! Sorry I don't have too much time to respond today. It's funny, with the days of my mission coming to a close I've never had more to report on, more to respond to, or more to talk about in general, but at the same time it feels like I've never been more rushed and more unable to send anything!! Speaking of which, I only have about five minutes left until I get booted off this computer so I've gotta send a SUPER quick update!!

This week was pretty darn good! We have really been working hard to find new people to teach from ANY source possible but we seem to keep running into empty doors and/or angry people who aren't too happy to see us for some reason or another... so that's always fun! haha! Cool story though! Not once but TWICE this week while we were tracting/street contacting, we ran into a few people who basically yelled at us, were very rude and one even threatened to call the cops next time she sees us (even though that was our first time EVER meeting her!) BUT what was cool is that BOTH times after we were faced with some pretty tough rejection, only two doors later we met some SUPER cool people who were more or less interested in at least talking with us and getting to know a little bit more about the church!! so yeah! that was cool! Persecution is always greatest right before success! :) haha!

Other than that, big moments from this past week included getting a new Stake Presidency here in Kane'ohe!! We had Elder Wild (an area seventy) and Elder Foster (one of the general authority seventies) come to participate in that and it was a very exciting ordeal for everyone in attendance! I especially appreciated the closing hymn at the Saturday night session where Elder Foster had us all sing a specially written hymn for our stake about family history work to the tune of one of Beethoven's symphonies.

We also had our quarterly interviews with the mission president and it was very odd because not only was this my last "regularly scheduled" interview of my mission, but it was my last one ever with President Warner! So President and Sister Warner are leaving literally about three weeks before I do! It will be a strange transition come July, but I'm excited to get to experience at least a little bit of different leadership, you can always learn new things from different people! So yeah! that will be fun! Anyway, I've really gotta run, but I love you all SO much and will keep on praying for you in the week to come! Again thank you so much for all the wonderful e-mails and cards on my behalf! If I can find or make the time to respond to them than I absolutely will!! But until then, have a WONDERFUL week, stay strong and don't forget to be awesome!!! :D

Aloha au ia oe!
-Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment