Mission Address

You can write to Luke at the following address:
(regular US postage rates apply)

Luke A. Powell
Hawaii Honolulu Mission
1500 South Beretania St. Suite #416
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826

Monday, June 16, 2014

Yoda - You can never pray enough

5/26/14
Hey there family!!
So anyway, I'm sure you all want to hear about the hundreds of people I've already baptized! Haha
But seriously, it's hard to believe it's only been a little less than a week since I've been out! So much has happened! I guess to start from the beginning, I got to the mission office on Tuesday and for the most part that day was just a lot of orientation and such so nothing too exciting, but it was still a really cool day. President Toone is AWESOME!!! Seriously though if I could spend my whole mini-mission in the office with Pres. and Sis Toone and everyone else there I would be happy! :) But moving on, Transfer meeting was fun, and as you've heard I got assigned to Yuma! 
As for my trainer, his name is Elder Mahlandt, and he's WAY awesome! He’s basically like Yoda.... except maybe not quite as wise, because well... let's face it... Yoda's AWESOME! So maybe more like an Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon Ginn. :) anyway, he's kinda nerdy too but again for the most part he and Elders Francis and Reaves (the other two Elders in our apartment) are all just very typical guys and talk about sports and girls and muscles and stuff... so I'm having a little trouble fitting in, but it's alright! I love the area and people here a TON! Seriously our ward is just great! It's SOO diverse! We have everything from very humble large Mexican families to Wealthy upper class houses and everything in-between! But they're all great people. Although the ward is REALLY spread out and we're only on bikes so that's kinda rough too. :P

We've taught a few lessons and it's been cool but most importantly we're teaching this guy now named C and long story short HE chased US down on the street and he just LOVES what we've been teaching and he's on date to be baptized although he has a few addiction issues we're trying to clear up. We also have to other people on date to get baptized, two kids in a part member family so yeah they're cool too :) 

Anyway, I've really gotta wrap it up, but I'll talk to you all next week! :)
In the mean time, keep working hard, reading your scriptures and praying daily!! That's one thing I've learned, you can never pray enough, and trust me as missionaries we pray A LOT!!! haha!
Well, until next week! Don't forget to be awesome! :)

-Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment