Mission Address

You can write to Luke at the following address:
(regular US postage rates apply)

Luke A. Powell
Hawaii Honolulu Mission
1500 South Beretania St. Suite #416
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826

Thursday, August 27, 2015

The call to serve is rarely comfortable or convenient

8/25/15
Family ALLOOOOOHHAAA!!!

Howzit!? Man, sounds again like you guys have just had a great week!! This week has been pretty good for us out here too! It's.......

so I SINCERELY apologize... I started writing my e-mail to all of you for this week and I got well ^^that far and then realized we had to leave. We got called kinda last minute to go pick up the zone leaders from the airport (they had flown to Oahu for the day for MLC) and it's an hour drive from Kekaha to Lihue where the airport is so yeah we just got back from that and now it is late and we are completely out of time to do... well... anything... I am sorry.. but I promise I will write much more to you all next week and that I will give you all sorts of fun updates because there have definitely been a lot of fun things happening out here on Kaua'i! Anyway, for now just know that I love you all and am continually praying for you as I know you are for me! I cannot thank you enough for that either. I know your prayers and heard and they are felt on our behalf. Mahalo nui loa and aloha au ia oe!!

-Elder Powell

p.s. lesson for this week’s e-mail... the call to serve is rarely comfortable or convenient but it is ALWAYS worth it! :)

p.p.s. here are some pictures from p-day last week that I promised at Waimea Valley -"the Grand Canyon of the Pacific". I don't know, it's definitely not quite as big as the one we have back in good old AZ but it is definitely pretty darn breathtaking!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment