Mission Address

You can write to Luke at the following address:
(regular US postage rates apply)

Luke A. Powell
Hawaii Honolulu Mission
1500 South Beretania St. Suite #416
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

One crazy awesome family, ring of dirt, ring of sweat

4/27/05
Hau'oli la hanau ohana!!!

Happy family birthday!!!! Man, I'm so glad to hear that everyone back home is well and happy and grateful for your many blessings! I know I am grateful too for my many blessings, one of the greatest of those being of course all of you!! :) I am so glad that 31 years ago Mom was crazy enough to marry an even crazier Dad and they had 7 crazy kids who all together make one crazy awesome family!!! :) haha! And it sounds like you are all upholding the traditions of that crazy awesomeness even through your self proclaimed mundane lives! :) Anyway, no matter what I do love and appreciate hearing from you all every week!

As for my weekly report, I am sorry to say that I don't have much more to report on than you! It has been but another week in the mission field here in Mililani! I'm starting to get to know the ward and the area a little better which is nice! But aside from that there is unfortunately not too much work going on here. We did get to do service at Pear Harbor again which was fun! It was not so fun getting stuck in two hours of traffic on the way back, but even that was a good opportunity for my companion to nap and for me to listen to the MoTab's "Praise to the Man" cd a couple times through :P haha! See there is a positive side to everything! (One more funny side note on that. We were moving so incredibly slow because of two accidents on the H1 that the GPS I was following asked if we wanted to switch to walking mode because it thought we were on foot! hahaha!)

As for people we are teaching, we are of course VERY excited for C. this Saturday!! :D He is still very solid and everything should work out just like planned but just in case something does goes wrong we could definitely all use your prayers in his behalf! Also we have two other people that we are teaching who are just SUPER solid!! They're basically already members and they just eat up everything we say with such fervor and with a sincere desire and love for the Lord, to know his will and live his doctrine. The only problem is they have a few personal things they are working through with divorces and marriages and such and it's all really complicated with legality and technicality and such so unfortunately we're kind of stuck with just waiting for those things to work themselves out :/ BUT the second they do they are both ready to get baptized!! :D

We are tracting probably at least two hours a day and while we have found a few families with pretty good potential we are still trying to do anything and everything to increase our teaching pool with people who will actually progress because most of them are not. So any prayers on that part would also be greatly appreciated. But overall just know and take comfort in the fact that we are working hard out here and doing great!! I hope you all have a great week!!! You are all in my prayers and in my heart! Especially Grandma Powell and Grandma and Grandpa Groberg!! I love you all so much and miss you! Be sure to keep on working hard and of course don't forget to be awesome!!! :D

Ofa lahi atu!

-Elder Powell

p.s. sorry I don't have a lot of cool pictures in this area, it's not quite as exciting as the big island, in fact it looks basically just like the mainland :P haha! But here are some pictures of the ring of dirt around my feet after a service project this Saturday and a ring of sweat around my collar after ward basket ball Thursday! hahaha!! Just what you wanted pictures of I'm sure!! ;D Anyway, I'll try to remember to take more this week so I can share them with you! hopefully I'll have one of a few people dressed in white by next week!! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment